- The output got redesigned for improved readability
- designed for improved readability
- Our CLI commands (yarn add, …) are now aware of workspaces
- Running yarn install can be made optional on per-repo basis
- A safer npx counterpart called yarn dlx to run one-shot tools
- Run commands on all workspaces with yarn workspaces foreach
- Packages can be modified in-place through the patch: protocol
- Local packages can be referenced through the new portal: protocol
- A new workflow has been designed to efficiently release workspaces
- Workspaces can now be declaratively linted and autofixed
- Package builds are now only triggered when absolutely needed
- Package builds can now be enabled or disabled on a per-package basis
- Scripts now execute within a normalized shell
- Peer dependencies now work even through yarn link
- The lockfile is now proper YAML
- The codebase is now full TypeScript
- Yarn can now be extended through plugins
- Configuration settings have been normalized
- Packages must respect their boundaries
- Bundle dependencies aren't supported anymore
- Packages are stored in read-only archives
- Who should we thank for this release?
- How easy will it be to migrate to Yarn 2?
- What will happen to the legacy codebase?